MAINTENANCE OF DISCIPLINE AMONG STUDENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY
· 24.0.1 These rules shall be called “Maintenance of Discipline among Students of the University”.
· 24.0.2 These rules shall be deemed to have come into force from the date these are approved by the Governing Board. (A separate notification shall be issued in this regard)
· 24.1.1 University: means “Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya, Gayatrikunj-Shantikunj, Haridwar-249411, Uttarakhand, and abbreviated as “DSVV Haridwar”.
· 24.1.2 Student: means any student who is on the rolls of the University, whether whole-time, part-time or for any course for any specific period.
· 24.1.3 Statute: means the Statutes framed and approved by the Governing Body of DSVV Haridwar.
· 24.1.4 Authority: means any member of DSVV Haridwar duly authorised in the Act/ Statutes/ Regulations/ Rules.
· 24.1.5 Head of Department: means the Head of Department as per Statutes of the University.
· 24.2.1 These Rules shall be applicable on all the students who are studying in DSVV Haridwar, whether whole-time, part-time or any course for any specific period.
· 24.2.2 These rules shall apply on all the students on rolls of the University who commit indiscipline/misconduct either inside DSVV Haridwar Campus or outside the University.
|· Every student shall be bound to maintain discipline/conduct as per rules framed by the University which shall be available on the DSVV Haridwar website at https://www.dsvv.ac.in|
|24.4.0 BREACH OF DISCIPLINE|
ANY STUDENT WHO:
· 24.4.1 disrupts, or improperly interferes with, the academic, administrative, sporting, social or other activities of the University, whether on University premises or elsewhere;
· 24.4.2 obstructs, or improperly interferes with, the legitimate functions, duties or activities of any student, member of staff or other employee of the University or any authorised visitor to the University
· 24.4.3 involves in violent, indecent, disorderly, threatening or offensive behaviour or language (whether expressed orally or in writing, including electronically) whilst on University premises or engaged in any University activity
· 24.4.4 involves in distributing or publishing a poster, notice, sign or any publication which is offensive, intimidating, threatening, indecent or illegal, including the broadcasting and electronic distribution of such material
· 24.4.5 involves in fraud, deceit, deception or dishonesty in relation to the University or its staff or students or in connection with holding any office in the University
· 24.4.6 involves in action likely to cause injury or impair safety on University premises
· 24.4.7 breaches the policy on Anti-ragging, harassment of any student, member of staff of the University or any authorised visitor to the University
· 24.4.8 involves in the possession of unauthorised material or the use or attempted use of unauthorised or unfair means (including academic malpractice such as plagiarism or collusion with other students or fabrication or falsification of results) in connection with any examination or assessment
· 24.4.9 causes damage to or defaces University property or the property of other Members of the University caused intentionally or recklessly
· 24.4.10 misuses or unauthorized uses the University premises or items of property, including misuse of computers and the communications network or any other breach of the University policy on use of information systems
· 24.4.11 AND/OR INDULGES IN ANY OTHER ACT WHICH IN THE OPINION OF THE UNIVERSITY AUTHORITIES CONSTITUTES AN ACT OF INDISCIPLINE/MISCONDUCT
|24.5. DISCIPLINARY PROCESS|
24.5.1 Broad Outline of Disciplinary process
· Detection/complaint received of Indiscipline/Misconduct:
· Informal investigation by Head of Department/ Hostel Warden/Security Officer: On receipt of any complaint of any nature concerning indiscipline/ misconduct against any student, matter will be first investigated by Head of Department (in case the incident happens in the Department), Hostel Warden (in case the incident happens in the Hostel), Estate officer (in case the incident occurs in Mess Hall) Security Officer (in case the incident happens outside the Department/Hostel) as a delegated authority and the matter shall be reported further or action taken as per rules.
· Formal Hearing (in case of non-admission of the offence) by the Chairperson, Proctorial Board(for minor offence) and Proctorial Board (for major offence)
Decision of the Disciplinary Authority
Appeal to the Appellate Authority
24.5.2 Proctorial Board
· The Proctorial Board shall comprise the following:
· The Procter/Dean/Registrar Chairperson (to be nominated by VC)
· One Head of Department Member (to be nominated by VC)
· Head of Department concerned Member
· The Student Welfare Officer Member
· The Security Officer Member
· Warden of the concerned Hostel Member
The Chairperson shall have powers to co-opt/invite/associate any other person in the Board as he/she deems proper.
· 24.5.3 The tenure of the Board shall be one year unless extended by a specific order.
· 24.5.4 Out of six members (including the Chairperson) of the Board four members will form the quorum.
· 24.5.5 The Proctorial Board shall submit a report confirming or otherwise of the said indiscipline/misconduct by the student and recommend to the Disciplinary Authority for action against the concerned student based on its finding.
· 24.5.6 The Disciplinary Authority- Pro-Vice Chancellor: shall examine the report and recommendations of the Proctorial Board and shall fix the quantum of punishment/ penalty on the student concerned after satisfying him/herself that the charges against the student stand fully proved.
· 24.5.7 The Appellate Authority – Vice Chancellor: shall examine the appeal if made within 30 days by the student and dispose-off the matter after duly considering the appeal and applying his/her mind.
If the misconduct or breach of discipline is admitted by the student or is found proved, one or more of the following penalties may be imposed on the student –
· Reprimand and warning about his/her future behaviour
· Undertaking assuring his/her future good conduct
· Community Service/ Shramdan for a fixed period
· Monetary fine not exceeding Rs. 5,000/-
· Monetary Compensation for any loss/damage to the property of the University cased by from the student’s misconduct
· Exclusion i.e., restriction of access to the University or a specified part thereof for a fixed period not exceeding one semester. A student who receives such a penalty will have restricted rights to enter University premises and/or to participate in University activities or access to University services, the terms of the restriction being notified to the student. An order of restricted access may include a requirement that the student shall have no contact with a named person or persons
· Suspension from the University for a Specified Period not exceeding two semesters. A student who is so suspended will be prohibited from entering University premises and from participating in university activities although the suspension may be subject to further qualification, such as permission to take an examination etc. An order of suspension may include a requirement that the student shall have no contact with a named person or persons
· Rustication from the University for a period not exceeding three semesters.
· Expulsion from the University. The student shall cease to be on the rolls of the University.
|24.7 Minor Offence|
· Any student not displaying good conduct on the campus or not following academic/class rules, hostel rules, dress code or found in possession of unauthorized material on the University premises shall be liable for a reprimand and warning about future behaviour, be asked to tender an undertaking assuring his/her future good conduct, be asked to undergo community service/ shramdan for not more than 5 hours or imposition of monetary fine between Rs. 25/- and Rs. 100/-.
· Penalty as in 24.7 (i) may be imposed for each such incidence of infringement by the Head of Department (in case the incident occurs in the Department)/ Hostel Warden (in case the incident occurs in the Hostel)/ Estate Officer (in case the incident occurs in the Mess hall)/ Security Officer (in case the incident occurs outside Department/Hostel/Mess Hall/) as a delegated authority.
· The Heads of Department /Hostel Warden/ Estate Officer /Security Officer shall report any action so taken to the Chairperson, Proctorial Board without any delay.
· The Heads of Department /Hostel Warden/Estate Officer/Security Officer, instead of imposing a fine, may refer a case to the Chairperson, Proctorial Board.
· The current structure of penalty at 24.7 (i) for various infringements, and the infringements for which penalties are imposed, must be displayed on the notice board.
|24.8. Major Offence|
The Chairperson, Proctorial Board shall investigate the complaint to prima facie establish the breach of discipline.
24.8.1. If, after investigating the complaint, the Chairperson, Proctorial Board considers that a breach of discipline has prima facie occurred, the Chairperson may deal with the matter at his/her level and recommend to the Disciplinary Authority, imposition of an appropriate penalty as provided in Regulation 24.6, provided that, if the said breach of discipline is denied by the student, or if the said breach of discipline is of such nature that it appears to the Chairperson that suspension /expulsion/fine in excess of Rs 500/- is/are prima facie justified, the matter shall be referred to the Proctorial Board, which shall deal with it in accordance with Regulation 24. 8.3
24.8.2. (a) If, after investigating the complaint, the Chairperson, Proctorial Board considers that a breach of discipline has occurred or the student has admitted the breach of discipline, the Chairperson, after giving the student a reasonable opportunity to make representations, would recommend to the Disciplinary Authority, imposition of any of the following penalties:
(i) a reprimand and warning about future behaviour
(ii) an undertaking assuring his/her future good conduct,
(iii) community service/ shramdan not exceeding 40 hours duration
(iv) monetary compensation for any loss/damage to the property of the University caused by the student’s misconduct,
(v) monetary fine not exceeding Rs. 500/-.
24.8.2 (b). The Disciplinary Authority may, additionally, advise the student to undertake any other action that the Disciplinary Authority deems fit to improve conduct of the student, e.g. undertaking counseling, meditation, anger management, or any culturally appropriate activity.
24.8.3. In case the breach of discipline is serious enough and has been referred to the Disciplinary Committee, the student shall be served a written notice through the warden of the hostel concerned, giving him/her a reasonable time to appear before the Board and present his/her case. The student shall have to attend the hearing of the complaint, and the Board shall give him/her a reasonable opportunity to present his/her case/defense.
(a). The Proctorial Board shall enquire the infringement, summon and record the statement of the witnesses, if any and also record the statement of the concerned student on the charges. After due deliberations, the Board shall establish whether the charges are proved or not. In case the charges are proved, the Board may recommend to the Disciplinary Authority imposition of penalties as specified under Regulation 24.6.
(b). The Disciplinary Authority shall examine the report and recommendations of the Proctorial Board and shall fix the quantum of punishment/ penalty on the student concerned after satisfying him/herself that the charges against the student stand fully proved.
(c). Without limiting the generality of Regulation 24.8.3(b), if a student fails to comply with the requirements of the penalties imposed, the University shall be within its rights to take whatever further actions it deems proper without any further reference to the student such as:
(i) examination result of the student be withheld;
(ii) award of any certificate, diploma or degree to which he/she is entitled be deferred;
(iii) he/she be suspended;
(iv) he/she be not permitted to re-enroll at the University.
(d). Proven or admitted breaches of discipline shall be noted on the University Discipline Register and the student shall be placed on conduct probation for a specified period. During the period of conduct probation the student would not be eligible for monetary benefits of any kind and/or assistance through the University or till such time it is revoked.
24.9.1 The student, if he/she so wishes, may like to appeal to the Appellate Authority i.e., Vice Chancellor within 30 days from the issue of the order of punishment.
220.127.116.11 The Appellate Authority shall examine the appeal if made within 30 days by the student and dispose-off the matter after duly considering the appeal and applying his/her mind
24.10. The Chancellor of the University, in case he/she is satisfied that there are sufficient grounds to review the case, may do so and may pass any order he/she may deem proper which shall be final and binding on all concerned.
|24.10. Additional Rules|
· DSVV is a residential campus and the students should compulsorily reside in the hostel.
· The dress code for boys- Dhoti kurta / Kurta Payjama and for Girls- Saree or Salwar Kurta.
· Students should compulsorily participate in prayer assembly and Yagya.
· 80% attendance is compulsory in every class.
· As per the Supreme Court ordinance ragging is a punishable offence.
· 40% in each paper and 50% aggregate marks are required to declare a student passed by the university.
· Intoxicants such as alcohol, bidi, cigarettes, tobacco etc are not permissible.
· The University strictly offers vegetarian Satvik Indian food.
· Internship is mandatory for all the students.