Certificate | Ph.D (Regular)| D.Litt
Fruits & Vegetable Preservation Lab
Pickles, Jelly, Jams, Murabbas, Squashes, Sauce, Candy etc.
Pickles, Chips etc.
Cow based Product Lab
· Production of Biogas as a source of alternate energy.
· Production of organic manures pesticides as a replacement of chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
· Production of various products of day-to-day use.
Handloom production unit
· Imparting basic knowledge & training in spinning, weaving of woollen & cotton cloths & Durry, Carpet making.
Handmade paper & paper products unit
· Handmade paper production: basic knowledge of raw materials used for making handmade paper & producing various kinds of paper products viz. File Covers, carry bags, Certificates, Greetings & Wedding Cards, Envelopes, File Covers & Showpieces, Photo frames, Lampshades and Pen stands.
Soaps, Detergents & other daily need products unit
Washing & Bathing Soaps, Washing powder, Toilet, Tiles & Drainage cleaner etc
Agarbatti, Mombatti, Chalksticks, Vicks, Balm, Moov etc
Jute products unit
· Making various daily use items for offices and household purposes. e.g., mobile cover, ladies’ purse & carry bags, shopping bags, an office file, Dak Pad & seminar bags, etc.
The edible Oil extraction unit
Extraction of Oil from Mustard, Sunflower etc.
Solid Waste Management (SWM) Unit
(i) Collection of the waste from the target area.
(ii) Segregation of the waste into different components, such as degradable & non-degradable (Plastic, iron, glass, leather etc.)
(iii) Utilization of the segregated material to convert into usable economic by-products through recycling.
I. Organic manures
. Handmade papers & their products
II. Selling of non-degradable items
“Waste is not a waste it is a misplaced resource.”
· Emphasizing this concept Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya has run a Solid Waste Management project in the university to achieve a clean and garbage-free zone over here.
· Wastes Garbage if disposed of improperly and at an unsuitable place then it becomes the cause of polluting the environment and give rise to several kinds of fatal diseases but on the other hand if they are managed efficiently then they could become even the source of income and making the environment clean as well as reducing the cost of raw materials for the industries via recycling procedure so there requires the immediate need for waste management.
· The most dangerous task in waste management it of segregation. The separation of the different categories of waste is the most difficult task one would find and sometimes reject to do it. But without segregation wastes cannot become resources so segregation is the key to waste management. Here in DSVV, every residential, offices hostel etc is provided with two types of bins one of blue colour and the other of green colour.
· The blue one collects the dry garbage and the green one collects the biodegradable wet garbage which is to be disposed of daily for cattle feed or for vermin composting and the dry ones are collected once a week and are segregated and sold to the recycling industries receiving a handsome pay in return of it.
· All the garbage from Shantikunj and university campus both separately the degradable and the dry wastes where degradable garbage are either dumped off manuring or sent for cattle feed and dry ones are separated into different categories and then sold off.
Achievements of SWM
· Terror of the monkeys which used the attack on the garbage for food and sometimes attack the children is completely off.
· The intolerable bad smell coming off the degrading garbage is completely finished
· Cleanliness and hygiene is maintained at a high level in the university.
· Awareness has been widely spread about waste management in the University.
· “Gram Devatabhyo Namah” theme is turned out into reality
· Waste has been made as a source of income in several ways.
Vision of SWM
· “To become the Role Model University in waste Management.”